Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Is it normal to feel like you know nothing about your future?

Seriously, I'm in high school and its really stressful because we have to think about college and what we want to do when we get older, but that isn't the worst of it. I'm a great student, i could tell you all about the laws of physics, or I could give a damn good explanation of any of Shakespeare's works, but I struggled to change the gas in my car alone for the first time.

I feel as though in high school you learn about education but not how to function as an adult. It makes me super scared, because me and anyone else my age really knows nothing about anything. I'm serious.

What the hell is a mortgage? How do you get a credit card? How do you pay taxes? How do you pay a credit card off every month?

Why do I feel like there are so many things i have to learn about my life outside of my parent's aid? It is so overwhelming because i don't even know the expanses of all the things I have to know.

Read more: Is it normal to feel like you know nothing about your future?