Sunday, September 30, 2018

Question about Data Protection - Data was lost at mortgage advisor?

To cut a long story short - a UK estate agent who I shall not name, were the mortgage renewal team sorting out my mortgage (not with them) it was just a package that they offered when we bought the house.

So one of they staff was dealing with my mortgage trying to get a good renewal policy, he told me "you don't need to renew until next year" turns out I did as I contacted the mortgage company I was with.

Then even more odd was the fact I gave him all my VERY confidential information when he was supposed to be getting a good renewal, he ends up leaving the company, and now the company says all my data has gone missing… National insurance number payslips p45 etc

Surely this is a massive GDPR breach. Not only do i expect the £350 back which is what the service cost but what else I'm still unsure of, very annoyed with them.
Added (1). Their actual words were 'blank' no longer works with us and we can't seem to find the informtation (paper copies and EMAIL) you gave him. "There's just a shell left"

I'm in process of dealing with a complaint with them.

Read more: Question about Data Protection - Data was lost at mortgage advisor?