Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Should i pay credit card debt of 15k or let it go to collection?

So I'm staying with my parents after my divorce. My ex husband left me penniless… We have no kids. And all i want to do is save a lot of money and buy my own apartment and etc.

So i make $3k per month (after taxes, healthcare insurance and car insurance). I will be staying with my parents for a while.

My parents suggest that i should invest in an apartment and rent it out. The cost of owning an apartment is 90k to 150k in my area. I can buy it and rent it out to pay for mortgage and making extra income on the side.

But i need the money to save for a down payment or buy the condo cash Instead of getting a mortgage loan, I'm thinking about paying the condo off. So within 3 years i can save 90k-108k to buy the condo.

What should i do! Pay off the credit card debts or just save? The ex husband accumulated debts in the marriage but we have divided in half since i was married to him.

I need some advice. If i don't pay the debts I can save $9k in 3 months by December, but if the make the monthly payment, interest will be pilling up and it will take me forever to pay it off.

Please advice.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/should-i-pay-credit-card-debt-of-15k-or-let-it-go-to.html