Thursday, October 11, 2018

Is my partner doing the right thing by me financially?

He's asked me to move in with him because he knows I'm struggling to pay my rent and we want to buy a house together. He wants me to still put aside $400 a week for our house savings ( he will be saving too) but rather then us putting our savings into a joint account, he wants to put it on his mortgage instead ( his home we will be living in) and if we break up, he will give me half back of what I have saved for our house and he's keeping half for rent money for me living at his house. I would prefer to keep his investments and his mortgage separate from our savings and have a joint savings account instead. He said rather then me pay rent to a stranger why not help someone I love? I'm confused. He asked for a prenup and I respect that but why does he want me to put my savings on his mortgage? That's his property separate from me. We're 50yrs old.

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/is-my-partner-doing-the-right-thing-by-me-financially.html