Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Is it normal for mortgage subsidies to pay off your taxes by the end of the year?

Part of the closing contract with my house was that the lender or her subsidiary would pay my land taxes by the end of the year through my escrow account. I've already received a deadline notice claiming it was due in september but my realtor, lender and subsidiary reps all tell me this is normal. The problem is the sub is telling me i should expect a payment within october-december but if it's not paid by Jan of next year a lean can be placed on the house.

Is this normal routine? Or is there a way i can speed the process up? Never been a fan of last minute action especially now since my home could be foreclosed if my taxes aren't paid for by next year.

Read more: Is it normal for mortgage subsidies to pay off your taxes by the end of the year?