Tuesday, October 9, 2018

What to write in a Letter of Explanation for a mortgage if I have no derogatory marks?

I'm applying for a loan to purchase my first home. I have no derogatory marks on my credit report and a score that is considered excellent. They have not yet requested a LOX but everything I see online says that people are asked to submit one or even two. I want to have one ready in the case it is requested as to not delay the process but I'm not sure what to write.

I've been at my current address for 12 years. The only other hard inquiry on my report, from 13 months ago is a credit card that I applied for for a $200 signing bonus. That card has no balance. My everyday card is paid in full each month. I'm going to try and get a copy of my report today to see what all previous addresses are listed. Do I just list each address on my report and say "this was my college apartment which I resides at from xx to xx dates while attending xx school" and "this is the home I have resided in for the xx years I have been employed by xx" and "I opened this credit card for the free money they were offering"?

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/what-to-write-in-a-letter-of-explanation-for-a-mortgage.html