Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Will my probate lawyer demand I take money off my house to pay the bills? I'm the co borrower and still am after my father died?

I'm owed money but I waved it so it can go to paying my lawyer. So to be clear this is what's owed.

17400 for my father store rent for 6 months to the owner of the building.

lets say about 7000 to my lawyer. I gave him five thousand but he said he did over ten thousand dollars worth of work. But I said keep the money since I won't really be getting it back.

So its about 2400. I should be able to pay it off in time. But will he demand to take the money out of the house in equity? I can't have the mortgage rewritten or Ill lose the rate I got.
Added (1). Can I pay him back in time?

Read more: Will my probate lawyer demand I take money off my house to pay the bills? I'm the co borrower and still am after my father died?