Wednesday, November 21, 2018

How can I write a valid letter deed to get notarized?

I recently got a divorce in July 2018. My ex husband and I agreed that I become the sole owner of the home in return of a split of the equity after refinancing and removing his name off the title.
However, I was not approved for the loan on my own at this moment. Because I'm a full-time student, and have been working part-time for the past year, and I'm about
$800(a month) short from the requirements to qualify for the loan on my own. I needed a co-signer, and my brother offered to co-sign for me. I have trust issues I have been screwed over many times. I worry that he will turn his back on me and try to take my home. (although he promises he wouldn't do that, because he has no interest in having ownership of my home) I worry because he is currently living with me and he brought his girlfriend along. I'm already getting screwed as far as bills. Currently my brother is giving me 1/2 of the mortgage payment a month and I'm responsible for the other half including all the utilities, WiFi etc and his girlfriend doesn't pay a dime. I feel that it's unfair because they are 2 and I'm only 1. I worry that he will try to screw me later. How can I write a deed saying he agreed only to help me for financial purposes but has no interest in having ownership of my home, and that I plan on refinancing and getting him removed as soon as I go back to working full-time and I'm eligible to do so? Is there a special way or can I just write it, and get it notarized?

Read more: How can I write a valid letter deed to get notarized?