Friday, November 2, 2018

Would you stay in a job that you hate for the money?

I'm currently a Production Supervisor. I'm guaranteed to get promoted to the next level which is an Assistant Plant Manager. One day, I might get promoted to the Plant Manager position which is above Assistant Plant Manager. The company is desperate.

I can't stand the job that I'm in. I want an office based job.

If I became an Assistant Plant Manager, which is office based, I would need to relocate. I want to get married before I relocate. I currently rent rooms in my house that I own so relocation would not be worth it unless I was married. My cost of housing would be higher since my room renters pay for my mortgage. I'd have more responsibility, fewer connections (especially family), and I would have to learn a new geographical area if I became promoted and relocated now. It would not be worth it unless I did it with someone by my side (I.e. A wife).

A majority of the people in my position in the past did not relocate for a promotion.

Also, I have a 14 year old criminal record so my choices are limited in terms of working for alternative companies in different positions (I'd need to do a background check every time I apply for a job).

What would you do?

Read more: https://allmortgage.net/forum/would-you-stay-in-a-job-that-you-hate-for-the-money.html