Sunday, April 20, 2014

Can I get a French mortgage if I'm a property developer?


I'm a property developer here in the UK (self employed for the last 8 years). I'm half French and want to buy a property in France as an investment for my future (I want to spend some time there/let it out some of the time to help with the mortgage).

I'm finding it hard to get a French mortgage, as the French lenders I've come into contact with won't lend to property developers. Most of my income is from flipping properties (buy, renovate, sell), but have been told that only my buy-to-let income will get taken into consideration (this constitutes a small amount of my income). With all of my income taken into account, I should be eligible to fit the criteria of what I want to borrow, but with just the rental income taken into account I wouldn't be eligible.

Anyone have any experience of this/any contacts?

Desperate for some help as I've had an offer accepted on a property that I Really want and need to move fast!

Thanks!

Read more: Can I get a French mortgage if I'm a property developer?