Monday, April 28, 2014

Will we get approved for a mortgage if I have a bad credit score?


My boyfriend and I are hoping to buy a house for 100,000 and we have a ten percent deposit saved up (we actually have 12,000). We are both working (earning about 14,000 a year each) and from doing the mortgage calculators online most banks are willing to lend us from 90,000 - 130,000 depending on the bank. We are told these are fairly accurate (but obviously it does not take our credit rating into consideration.) My boyfriend has an excellent credit rating, but mine is slightly towards the lower end of 'poor' on the scale. However this is mainly because I was a bit silly as a studenr, and also struggled financially as I had no job at the time.

What are the chances we will get approved? Thank you!

Read more: Will we get approved for a mortgage if I have a bad credit score?