Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Does this sound like a good plan? Buying homes/wealth?

I'm only 18 but im really into my future and handling my money.

Plans:
- Graduate college at age 22.
- Work as a Radiologic Tech ($60k median avg salary, (after ss, pension etc.)
- After time, i will specialize in CT's making an avg of $80k.
- Live with parents till im 25-28 while building my credit score to 760+
- Save anywhere from $110k Least possible by the age of 25year s old ///// $300k least possible by the age of 28 years old
- Buy a nice car,
- Move out with my future girlfriend at either 25-28 years old (that money i saved will stay in the bank)
- Rent an apartment together, end up marrying, buy a home at age 32ish at White Plains, NY or Forest Hills, NY. ( suburbs )

Just wanted to see if this sounded good.
The money saved will go into as a downpayment for the house, anywhere from 20-30% leaving me with a monthly mortgage of $3,000 + house insurance = $4,000 total ( depends on total value of the home, im estimating this on the value of a $750k-$820k home in the areas i said)

And obviously i will not be paying the enitre down payment myself, my future wife will need to have a salary of 40k+ after taxes etc without any debts.

I have no debts whatsoever, i buy everything cash/bank debit card including tuition.
Added (1). Yes i do know this is all hypothetical, especially the whole girlfriend part, but thats how things usually end up happening ( not saying im a loser lmao ). But on the money part i know that is solid for a fact.

Read more: Does this sound like a good plan? Buying homes/wealth?