Tuesday, May 20, 2014

How to protect yourself from a complaint of a rude customer?

Hi! I have beem working in a customer service for 7 yrs now and been dealing with them over the phone. I just got surveyed yesterday and the feedback of this customer was i was being rude to him. The call happened yesterday as well. I work in a mortgage company and this customer called in yesterday to ask how much was the last payment we received from a third party who's paying in their behalf. I told him the amount and customer went upset starting to put words into my mouth telling me that we supposed to received this amt instead of what we received from the third party. His payment has changed and he should know about it since he mentioned to me he received his bills from us. Despite of knowing his payment has changed he didnt bother to call the third party to update them how much we supposed to received. I have found out that he just need to know the breakdown of his paymenr for him to fully understand it but everytime i explain something he weill cut me off and not gonna let me speak. I kept on telling him he would understand anything if he will not listen but he kept on talking over me that its as if im speaking to a child and saying "i dont wanna talk to you" over and over again. I was only telling him what i can see on our system but he started to get upset when he didnt hear what he wanna hear. So we argued and he ended the call treathening me that he will report me as rude agent. I know i was wrong in stooping down to his level but this customer is impossible.

Read more: How to protect yourself from a complaint of a rude customer?