Friday, May 23, 2014

What Credit Score do mortgage lenders use?

Which score do lenders use for mortgages? I pulled all three: Transunion, Equifax and Experian. All scores are eligible for a mortgage, i guess, but there are small differences in each. I was wondering which is used so that I can get a good guess at what our interest rate is going to be.

I also heard that what you pull from the 3 bureaus is not what the banks see at all. Are those scores majorly different? Or just minute changes.

Just looking for info on FICO scores so that i won't have my head blown open this afternoon in front of the banker if that interest rate is higher than 4.3% lol

I heard 620 is the minimum needed for conventional loans and I am much higher than that, but I heard there are like 49 diff ways of calculating a score. O.o
Added (1). No bankruptcy.
Fiancee and I have the same score area (give or take 5pts) on all 3 bureaus
Excellent income.

Just wondering which score they use: Equifax, TU or Experian
We are going to Huntington, Chase and then the small broker that the Realtor prefers for quotes.

Read more: What Credit Score do mortgage lenders use?