Monday, June 23, 2014

If I am out of the country, can my wife sell my house on my behalf?

Basically, I am due to leave the country in a few weeks, but would like to get the ball rolling to sell a property I own. I have sole ownership, with the mortgage in my name. I'm guessing this will not be possible, and that I will have to wait until I return, however if it is possible, i'd like my wife to be able to sell the house with an estate agent etc, deal with my mortgage company, and any solicitors etc on my behalf. We will be in regular email contact, and possibly phone contact on a weekly basis, so i have faith, and trust that she will make the right decisions, however I won't be there to sign anything. Is it possible for this to go ahead without my presence, or am I being too optomistic?

Read more: If I am out of the country, can my wife sell my house on my behalf?