Monday, June 23, 2014

Is there any law stopping this?

Years ago my mum was giving my dad money and without her knowing, he was blowing it on alcohol and other nonsense. She thought he was paying off the mortgage. Letters where being sent to the house and my dad was hiding the letters. Ages later my mum got into trouble. Because of the interest rates of mortgages, the mortgage is now extremely high. Because my mum and dad put their names together they still have to pay as opposed to my dad paying most of it. The court said many letters where sent so there is no excuse. My dad won't pay at all so they always turn to my mum. If she divorces him, then she has to pay the whole mortgage herself because she owns the house which is impossible with her income. My mum had no idea about the letters. Surely there must be a law to resolve this. This is UK law btw.

Read more: Is there any law stopping this?