Friday, July 25, 2014

20 Day Summons on a Foreclosure in Florida?

If I was served on July 9th, 2014 at 9:07PM. When exactly is my last day to answer the complaint?

I have requested an extension of time due to, needing to hire an attorney, problem being… I can not retain a attorney to make a answer for me until July 30th, 2014 when I get paid (Monthly at the end of the month). Yes it's just a few days but, A 20 day summons is a serious thing that needs to be answered in that timely manner.

County Clerks office says that the Judge that handles these cases is in another county right now and will be back in my county the first of the week! (I suppose that means Monday the 28th?) So, as of now I have a:
1 request for a time extension faxed to the clerks office (they confirmed it was received)
2 Original request signed and mailed to the clerks office
3 Another copy that is also signed sent to the Judge via the clerks office.
4 A copy of the request was also mailed to the Plaintiffs attorneys.

OK, but a request can be denied, especially if its not given to the judge in the allotted time! So, the biggest question I need help with is… Should I take it upon myself to answer the summons without legal counsel so I can make sure that I abide by the 20 day time frame?

And now to top it off! My mortgage company now says it will and can work with me on a "Streamline loan Modification". I just don't want to make a bigger mess to the court.

Any CONSTRUCTIVE advice will be greatly appreciated.

Read more: 20 Day Summons on a Foreclosure in Florida?