Sunday, July 20, 2014

How to buy land online without being scammed?

I'm looking to buy a piece of cheap land near a natural water source, where I can build a rustic cabin and live a quiet, mostly off-the-grid existence. I've heard of websites that do not care about credit, all you do is pay a small down payment (hundreds, not thousands), sign a mortgage contract and as long as you make the small payments every month the property is yours. My intention would be to drive and look at the land before purchasing, but does anyone know of any LEGIT websites where I can find a consolidated and thorough listing of properties for sale for each state? I want cheap land and it doesn't matter if it's developed or not. I want it somewhat forested and near a fresh water source (river, creek, stream, etc.) where I can collect water to purify and drink. I'm not exactly sure which sites are legit and which ones could possibly be fraudulent. I'm looking to spend my retirement funds on this idea, so I don't want to lose my life savings to a scam. Thank you!

Read more: How to buy land online without being scammed?