Sunday, July 20, 2014

Repayment of Mortgage in joint names?

Me and my ex are divorced we have a 4 year old daughter together and have come to an agreement between our solicitors about our house. I have decided to make a full repayment of my mortgage as well as paying his share to him by borrowing money from friends and family. However, my major worry is the moment he finds out that the full loan has been paid off he will try to convince the mortgage company that the title deeds should be sent to him because his name is on the mortgage account. What I want to know is that should I send a copy of a consent order that is signed by me and my ex which is stamped by the court to the mortgage company so they don't give the deeds to him because the monies will be transferred from a friends account to the mortgage company not my account.

Please could you give me much advice as possible.

Thank you

Read more: Repayment of Mortgage in joint names?