Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Credit score & mortgage approval. Is it better to pay off medical collection accounts or not?

Credit score & mortgage approval. Is it better to pay off medical collection accounts or not?
Added (1). I have a credit score of about 640. I have 19 negative things on my credit (11 are medical, 2 are being disputed and the others happened when I was laid off 3 years ago). I have 5 positive things on my credit. SHould I go and pay off the medical collections or not? Will I be able to get approved for a home loan? If so what company would be best with my not so good credit? I have to credit cards with about $500 on them should I pay them off? I have land for a down payment.
Added (2). Also out of the ones that are left 2 are child support orders but they have been paid current since Oct 2012 but show up negative.

Read more: Credit score & mortgage approval. Is it better to pay off medical collection accounts or not?