Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Child custody problems and ex coming whenever she feels like it?

Hello,

I have a big problem with my mother. My parents are divorced but I have a little sister who is 13 years old. My mother divorced my dad close to 2 years now. She is a terrible person whom we can't say anything to because she starts causing arguments over anything. She doesn't live at home any more but she feels she can come whenever she wants because in the past she did help pay the mortgage.
The house is under my father's name. So they have been divorced for a while, but she does not pay for child support, nor help with any bills. Whenever asked of this she says she doesn't have to because he earns enough to pay for it himself. He doesn't though.

She comes home like 2 times a week without notice and she also yells at everyone on how the house is too cold to put the heating up and she also does her laundry there.
Last time my father told her of these issues she said she will take him to court and take little sister away.
Is there a list somewhere of etiquette when visiting an ex's home?
I don't think it's right for her to come whenever she feels like it and just cause troubles. At the moment there is a mistake in the divorce papers that we are planning to fix, but it is going to take time. It's like a spelling error that makes her have the physical custody of the child even though she doesn't do anything with sister nor really live at home. We don't know where she lives if she has a place elsewhere.
Added (1). I feel terrible of the situation but we wish she would completely move out somewhere or at least when she comes over to behave more like a guest rather than yelling at everyone on how her daughter is not being treated right.

Read more: Child custody problems and ex coming whenever she feels like it?