Sunday, February 15, 2015

We are separated. What can I legally do with my wife's possessions in the house we both own?

My wife has left me. There is no hope of reconciliation. We both own the house that I live in. I pay every bill for the house including the mortgage. I have never asked for a penny of her. Since she left she has refused to move out any of her stuff. She was a bit of a hoarder and the house is full to bursting with her belongings. She has refused point blank to take any of her things with her. If I bag and box things up she makes a scene if I ask her to take them. She is using my home as a dumping ground. I need to clear the house of everything as I need to do extensive remedial work to the house. She says she has every right to leave her stuff here as she owns as much of the house as I do. I also have no privacy. She still has a key and comes and goes as she wishes, quite often when I'm not there. I have threatened to change the locks but again she says she has a legal right of entry. She has the children 5 nights a week, I have them for 2. I'm also worried that if this gets out of hand she will use the kids as a weapon against me.

Read more: We are separated. What can I legally do with my wife's possessions in the house we both own?