Monday, February 16, 2015

Why would my mortgage guy say to stay away from 203k loans and short sales?

Why would my mortgage guy say to stay away from 203k loans and short sales?
Added (1). He didn't really give specifics and knows that I'm a DIYer. I already plan on buying a home and fixing it up which he knows. I don't know if he's giving me this advice to save me trouble or because it's more work for him and he doesn't feel like doing it.
Added (2). I could understand why he would say to stay away from a 203k loan if I wanted to do all the work myself but for the right price, I don't really care who does the work.

He knows I'm not in a rush to buy a home so it doesn't matter if a short sale takes a long time. He said something about the inspector not being able to see behind the walls and there might be more damage… But I feel that would be true for any home.

Read more: Why would my mortgage guy say to stay away from 203k loans and short sales?