Monday, February 23, 2015

Will I get approved for a Sallie Mae student loan alone?

I am currently in medical school and need to apply for a $70,000 student loan to cover me for the year. I have around a 720 credit score. I do NOT have a cosigner (wish I did).

As far as my credit history goes:
-I have a 5.5 year credit history
-2 credit cards which have a 30% revolving balance (can't go any lower right now due to not having a job)
-ZERO missed payments
-clean credit history

I do own a car that is fully paid off.
I do not have a job because of full time medical school and completing an online degree at the same time.
I do have several federal student loans and 1 private loan through sallie mae that I had through a cosigner.

Read more: Will I get approved for a Sallie Mae student loan alone?