Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Evicting a tenant with no ID or SS number?


I rented out my condo for the first time. When we were doing the paperwork, we failed to receive a copy of their drivers license or social security card. We do not have their social security number, either.

They are delinquent on their rent. The guy said he was laid off of his job, and wanted to work with me on payments, but I am really not in a position to do it, as much as I would like to. I have to pay the mortgage on the condo, so I really need the money for it.

Since I do not have their social security numbers of drivers license info, do you know how I can get rolling with an eviction process? Also, if they decide to vacate, am I SOL when it comes to collecting it?

Yes, I know - I should have gotten copies.

Read more: Evicting a tenant with no ID or SS number?