Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I am taking a hardship withdrawal from my 401k to purchase my first home. I am wondering what I can ask for?


I am taking a hardship withdrawal from my 401k to purchase my first home. I am wondering what I can ask for?
Added (1). I understand that I can get the down payment, closing costs, and such. But I can't find any specific information on what is considered a closing cost. An example is the home inspection I have to pay for out of pocket, or the termite inspection.
It's an FHA loan. Can I get money out of the 401k for pest control previous to moving in? FHA loan appraisal is another cost. I really need specifics so I can document and request the money.
Thank you.

Read more: I am taking a hardship withdrawal from my 401k to purchase my first home. I am wondering what I can ask for?