Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hawaiian Airline FA as a newbie?


Do newbies only get stuck doing the inter-island flights only? Or do they go to SEA, LAX, PDX, SFO? Newbies majority home base in HNL or somewhere else primarily? For commuting as a newbie, jumpseats available? I'm going to apply when they have more position open in Fall 2015. Advice? I hope someone who is a FA with Hawaiian can answer?'s Mahalo!
Added (1). Hey to those who have given me some insight!
I live in Washington State but I am from Hawaii, I have family in and around the Honolulu areas, some near LAX… So when choosing an airline to apply for I thought of Hawaiian Airlines well, because its part of my heritage, I love to get out and go go go even when it gets stressful, and I kinda have family scattered between here there and everywhere pretty much that Hawaiian flies including Portland, OR. Thank you all for the answers!
Added (2). As for Jumpseats… If I have to stay in HI with my family I will, but I do have my hubby and kids back home in WA too. What are the chances of getting jumpseats as a newbie coming off last day of reserve? Anyone know how Hawaiian works with days on and off? Like 3 on 3 off or 4 on 4 off? Getting home base in HI might set the stone for moving back! For now we pay a mortgage in WA.

Read more: Hawaiian Airline FA as a newbie?