Friday, June 26, 2015

I feel like my husband is jealous of me being the breadwinner?


I spent 6 years as a SAHM, during which time my husband bounced between jobs (restaurants, roofing factories) to support our family of 5. I awill be the FIRST to admit, he was a great provider and I never took him for granted.

Fast forward---he begins getting his checks garnished and a lien is put on his bank account. So, I go out and get a job. Now, I have my bachelor's and was able to become gainfully employed with a company making TRIPLE what his income was. He continued working at he factory, but recently quit---due to him being too tired. (He worked graveyard)

Since beginning my job last year, I was able to get approved for mortgage and we purchased a house (that only is in my name due to his financial issues) and as of recently, bought a new family vehicle. (again in my name)

I do NOT rub anything in his face, but have been making decisions to propel our family forward. Yet, he has become sullen, moody and easily agitated. Especially, whenever I mention him aspiring for a career. He uses the excuse of not having a college degree---to say, he can't get but certain types of work… Or attempts to pursue a music career.

I feel resented by him, as if I expect too much or that I am doing too much in the way of being the "leader" of our family. But I don't know what he expects. Even as full-time dad, he doesn't clean, or cook. And I am still expected to come home and do all of this. I am starting to find myself repelled by his disposition.
Added (1). * Just to be fair--he DOES do some chores. He washes our sons clothes and he loads dishwasher. But outside of that---I almost always have to ask him or create a "hunnie To-do" list. I just want him to be fully invested if he's home and a self-starter. And to do a thorough job of cleaning bathrooms, sweeping/mopping, mow lawn and cooking sometimes. It feels like he does the bare minimum to get by.

Read more: I feel like my husband is jealous of me being the breadwinner?