Wednesday, July 15, 2015

If someone pays for your mortgage can they take your house from you?


My boyfriend and I are call it quits. The house we are living in we used to rent. It went into foreclosure when our landlord didn't pay the mortgage. I wanted to buy the house, he really didn't, but I talked him into it. My credit wasn't good enough to buy the house but his was. We agreed that if I paid the mortgage every month that he would put the house in his name. All the bills (electric, water/trash/sewage, gas, home phone, and internet) are all in my name. I have proof that he has never made a payment to the mortgage and that I have paid every single payment. He is now using this to is advantage. He refuses to let me stay in the home. He says that he is keeping it even though he don't want it. Is there anything I can do? I live in Missouri.

Read more: If someone pays for your mortgage can they take your house from you?