Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Can you move out without breaking up?


i've been with my boyfriend for about 7 years. We moved into an apartment together after 2 years of our courtship then broke up briefly because he didn't want to get married and I did. After about a month we slowly got back together, as he promised that he had thought things through and was going to propose to me that year. During this time of slowly dating again, his grandmother asked him to move in with her. Apparently they worked out this deal where he would pay her mortgage and she'd pay utilities and taxes until the day she passed away and the house would be his. This agreement was made without ever asking me how I felt. It was an executive decision that he made. After struggling with the thought of living with his grandmother I decided to move in. I thought this was the natural progression of how things should go. 3 years later we're still living in this house and I am extremely unhappy. We've been able to make a master bedroom and a small den of our own but the rest of the house is basically hers and I'm growing tired of the situation. Aside from the fact that she has her own personal hygiene habits that drive me crazy. I am constantly having to clean up after her even after I spent hours cleaning the house she will come and make a mess again. I decided to move out. My question is do you think this is going backward in our relationship and that our relationship is doomed? Im 36 Hes 37. House is old and has issues with maintenance and some illegal modifications she made

Read more: Can you move out without breaking up?