Thursday, August 13, 2015

Ex wife not leaving matrimonial home?


Hi my husband and I recently got married. He was married before and had two children with his ex wife. She has been staying at the matrimonial property for 5 years without him. For the first 4 years she was receving mortgage help and council tax benefit and only now shes started to pay the mortgage and council tax. During the time she received these benefits she had huge payments (over 70k) going into her overseas account- she'd done benefit fraud but can not prove it as we have no information on her overseas account. My husband and her are currently sorting out the financial order and settling outside of court. He wants the house back so we can live as a family- we have a 4months daughter. I currently live with my parents as the flat he has we cant afford to pay full rent so we live apart. The ex wife recently sold a flat in london and gained £150k as profit, the half of this was never given the my husband- he was never informed. My husband has nothing under his name other than the house which he wants back as the ex wife can afford to buy another property and we cant. As my baby is 4months and the other children are 6 and 9, can someone tell me who is more vulnerable- a baby or a child over 5? And whos side the court as likely to go towards if it goes to court

Read more: Ex wife not leaving matrimonial home?