Monday, September 21, 2015

Am I getting screwed at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage?


I went to Wells Fargo two months ago for a home loan. I was preapproved and now I'm just waiting to close. I have a fiancé, and yes we live together. I requested that my fiancé not play any part in the purchase of the house, and I was told by the mortgage advisor that he can do that no issues. We had a set closing date of August 27, and I was told that they can be ready by this date. By the week of closing my mortgage advisor calls me saying I'm approved but he needs my fiancé's income and tax information. I was furious that not only did he lie to me in the beginning, but he decided to do this the week of closing. Needless to say we didn't close that week
Added (1). Every time I would hand in paperwork I would ask him if it's what he needs, he would say, "Yes". Two days later he would contact me saying it's not exactly what he needs; this was like clock work. The following week we didn't close because the bank screwed up my tax forms to the IRS, the week after they screwed up the tax forms for my fiancé.
Added (2). These people are horribly incompetent, and I feel cheated because I had to pay the $500 appraisal fee already and they have had several weeks to close but they keep screwing something up. It's gotten to the point now where my realtor can't even contact them and get a straight answer, and I can't either. I ask a question about a form being processed because it was screw up.
Added (3). I received an autoreply from one of the loan officers email that he's out of office till the following week, when I ask my mortgage advisor if this means the paperwork won't be sent in until the following week, my email was ignored. The seller almost terminated because of this bulls*it, now we are renting the house and paying the sellers mortgage till the people we're working with get their **** together.

Does anyone have any advice?

Read more: Am I getting screwed at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage?