Monday, October 26, 2015

Car finance or loan with bad credit // Car buying advice & help desperately needed please?!


Hi guys, I'm 26 and have had a ridiculous passion for fast cars since I was a little boy. I've had my fair share of cars previously, the BMW M3 being my favourite. Unfortunately last year we'd suffered a devastating loss to my family, which resulted in me quitting my job, selling my car and moving abroad for some time.

I'd come back at the start of the year with nothing, no job, no money. I've now been working self-employed since May and got myself back on my feet and I am now comfortable earning around £2k a month and renting a house with my partner, trying my best to save for a nice car again. (and failing miserably!)

I've only got a van I use for work and really, really want a supercar (or nearest thing to it) again for leisure. May sound sad to some people but it literally would complete my life!

Here's my problem - I don't have a good credit rating due to late payments on my contract phone etc etc in the past, I have had finance previously but they only lent me around £6k. All the cars I really want are around £20-40k, I can understand this may seem a ridiculous amount to some people with no interest in cars, but please try to understand I will do anything to fulfil my dream!

So, surely there are some companies that would lend you long-term money on a car like they would a long-term mortgage on a house? Like car finance on a "can't pay, we'll take it away" kind of basis - therefore not needing a great credit score?

Any help would be really greatly appreciated.

Read more: Car finance or loan with bad credit // Car buying advice & help desperately needed please?!