Friday, October 30, 2015

How to repair my credit score? (UK)?


Hi All,

So basically, my credit score is currently a shocking 90. Eek.

I m 23, and let s just say that I made a lot of silly mistakes with credit from when I was 18.

I m now settled down and would like a mortgage in 5 or so years, realistically.

I have just over 1000.00 debt with credit lenders dating back from years ago that I haven t paid, mostly because I took credit accounts on behalf of my ex whom screwed me over.

I haven t had any loans or credit cards, they re just things like Sky television, Virgin Media, 2 mobile phone networks for contract phones and catalogues.

The only good things on my credit report are my current account (which I have had for 5 years) and two current mobile phone contracts (which I have had for over 2 years).

I ve heard that paying off old debts in one hit can affect your credit report adversley as lenders will see it as a trend.

What can I do apart from find a time machine?!

Read more: How to repair my credit score? (UK)?