Thursday, November 12, 2015

Can there be any form of legal action taken in circumstances like this?


My father lent money to my uncle over three months ago with the promise that he would return the money a month from the day he borrowed it. The sum wasn't a small one, either. It was actually quite large and not one cent has been returned as of yet, so I'm getting a little worried. I mean, my father's been laid off from work and he's still searching for a job right now, so in my opinion, he should've really thought about how much money he had saved up before letting someone borrow any in the first place, especially considering the fact that we have bills to pay, the mortgage and a lot more to pay off. But that's getting off track.

Can any legal action be taken against my uncle, much as it pains me to ask? This isn't the first time he's borrowed a large sum and it's certainly not the first time he hasn't returned the money he'd borrowed. I often wonder why my father even gave him money again, but I suppose he just doesn't want to see the other side of certain people and only look at what's shown…

So if there's anything that can be done, please help! Any advice of information would be a massive help right about now!

Read more: Can there be any form of legal action taken in circumstances like this?