Saturday, November 14, 2015

How much should personal expense of husband and wife be?


My husband makes about $5700 a month and we have three kids. Our mortgage is only $1000. He doesn t live with us currently and spends about $1500-1800 a month! (He lives in a cost free housing with free utilities) Even when we all were living together he spends nearly $1000 and those are all food, drink (including alcohol), cigarettes and entertainment. I have suggested that he has his own account so he gets better idea of how much he spends and reconsider his spending, but he doesn t seem to want to realize that his spending is ridiculously high. I know it depends on how much other expenses are, but in general, how much should a husband and a wife spend? I am a stay-at-home mom and spends about $50 -150 dollars for myself which I think too little. I d rather live in a better house and start to save college fund for kids. Your opinion is appreciated.

Read more: How much should personal expense of husband and wife be?