Saturday, November 28, 2015

I m 18 and am a victim of credit fraud?


I was getting my first credit card today to build my credit up for an apartment. I few hours later I was called by my bank (wells fargo) and was told I was declined. They said I had terrible credit which I didn t understand because I ve never had any credit in the past. I ve never had anything in my name, so I ran a credit report through annualcredit.com. It come out that somebody put a mortgage loan in my name back in 2013 (I was only 16). It also showed that a few other credit cards were put in my name. This is still too shocking for me to comprehend. Where do I go from here? Should I hire an attorney? And also I am certain that my parents or any relatives wouldn t have done this to me.

Read more: I m 18 and am a victim of credit fraud?