Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Can i become my own payee without social security trying to take the money completely?


So in a nutshell I ve been on ssi since before i was 18 because of my disablity. My mom is my lost her job so i figured it was only fair to give her the full check to pay mortgage. For a year in a half i was running around hungry, my hair looking like raggedy anne, rotating the same two paints until one finally ripped, wearing slippers because my shoes tore, walking everywhere because my car broke down and i can t fix it because i have no money. I started to notice around the same time my mom was buying new and expensive weaves, new clothes every weekend, sending money to her husband in jail, paying for her car to get fixed… She was doing all of this with MY money instead of giving the money she had left from the mortgage she spent it on her self… So i decided that i was going to cash it my self and just hand her the money she needs to pay the mortgage but when i went there they said i couldnt cash it because i wasnt the payee… I was wondering if i went to the social security place and tell them i am fully capable of handling my own check and explain whats been going on will they try and take my check completely or will they try and fine my mom? I dont want any of that to happen i just don t want her to be able to cash my check and use it for her needs when the check is to take care of me. I dont mind her using a little something for her but using most of it and not giving me any? Like thats not okay.

Read more: Can i become my own payee without social security trying to take the money completely?