Sunday, February 28, 2016

Mortgage interest deduction when 2 people get a house with only one liable for the loan?


Mortgage interest deduction when 2 people get a house with only one liable for the loan?
Added (1). I'll be the only one of the loan.
I'd like both of us to be able to write off mortgage interest/taxes.
I'll be paying 62% and she 38% monthly.

My questions are
- Does this mean if she's on the deed, she can get the tax credit?
- Mortgage payments will be coming out of my account in which she transfers money monthly to me. Is this ok? Does account have to be joint?
- Is there another way in which we have a written agreement that she pays 38% and gets proportional ownership of the house?

Read more: Mortgage interest deduction when 2 people get a house with only one liable for the loan?