Sunday, March 13, 2016

If New York City represents a city of dreams, do you want to stay in New York City or go someplace else? Why?


I need to write an essay about this topic. I came to New York 5 years ago. At first this City seems to me different world to me. I came from third world country where everything was not organized as here. At the beginning I was struggling to find a job in this city. I worked in a restaurant. I didn't like the manager and other co-workers. I couldn't speak good English. Everyone took advantage of it. But I made a plan to buy a home in this city. After 3 years of hard work I bought a home with a partner of my older brother. At this moment, I am really happy to live in my own apartment. I have mortgage which is not that much. I have been going to college and working along side. I finish my 10 credits at Laguardia community college. My major is computer operation and networking administration. I also currently joining to New York City traffic enforcement. My dream is to work in a law enforcement department as an IT operator. I believe if anyone can make it in this city he/she can make it anywhere else. It is hard to make your dream come true. As a matter of fact, this City gave me the opportunity to fulfill my dreams. That is why I think New York City represent a City of dreams. How about yours?

Read more: If New York City represents a city of dreams, do you want to stay in New York City or go someplace else? Why?