Sunday, March 13, 2016

Regarding title to a house and mortgage?


Hello! I received the title to a house I inherited, but the house still has a loan (equity line of credit instead of a mortgage) on it. I'm working on having the loan switched from the estate of the deceased to my name, however the banks keep telling me it's a fairly odd situation and they offer me great deals (I have looked into it compared to the current rates and what the current line of credit is). I was wondering if anyone could tell me why this is such a strange situation? Or if anyone could elaborate about what I should expect at all? I've always been a renter, but I do intend to live in (and pay) on the house. They also ask about if the estate intends to pay on the line of credit. The estate is not able to pay on the house (the estate is in probate), which is why I would like the loan/line of credit/mortgage in my name. But I already have the title? Not sure what the responsibility is here. I just want to make sure the house won't be collected. Thanks for your time!

Read more: Regarding title to a house and mortgage?