Monday, March 28, 2016

Will i be able to get another home?


last year my husband and i divorced. I told him that i didnt want a long and messy divorce where we quibble over belongings. He could keep it all, i just wanted out. When it came down to the house he had me sign a quit claim deed. The way he explained it was that it would remove me from anything to do with the house. I wouldn't get anything if he sold it and i wouldn't loose anything either. I recently was checking in on my credit score and realized that i'm still on the mortgage, i thought it was odd so i looked into it more. The quit claim deed didn't actually get me off the mortgage. I'm still technically responsible for paying it if he doesn't even though i have no claim on it. My question is how will this affect me going forward when i am ready to get a new home?last i heard he plans to keep the home but we aren't in contact anymore.

Read more: Will i be able to get another home?