Saturday, April 16, 2016

Living in the same street as my in-laws?


Hi guys, me and my partner/BF have been dating for over two years, and last month i found out that i am pregnant. We are both 22 turning 23 and university graduates and thus on university graduate wages (which obviously is not a lot), so therefore we can't apply for a mortgage to buy a house, and renting would 'strain" us financial, as the rent in our area is to much ($750 week median). So my BF's parents (my in-laws) offered to let us live in a house which they own which happens to be down the street from them, the house is situated in a very good and sought after part of city. I would love to live there (who wouldn't?), but they are just to close!, but we are considering this because we have no other alternative. My in-laws yes are very nice,respective, funny, bright, and generous people who i get along with, but i am scared that if i move into the same street as them they will come to visit us to often. Yes there logical and smart people who display constraint, but you never now what there like fully until you move down the road from them.

Also just to clear things up if we lived there we would pay no rent, or property council rates/tax (a yearly tax placed on properties in our municipality) all we would have to pay for is the bills/Electricity, gas,water etc.

Another option would be that my BF gets another job working on the weekends or night shifts. (he already works full-time) So if you where in our situation what would you do?

Thanks, regards

Read more: Living in the same street as my in-laws?