Friday, May 20, 2016

Caught shoplifting at Wal-Mart?


I am 19 and I was caught shoplifting. I went in grabbed a phone charger about 10 bucks and walked out. I was stopped by a man and he said give me the phone charger so I did, he took me to a little room and asked for my ID, he said an off-duty cop that works with the store was on his way. I went into the room and he put my name in the system, the cop asked for my social and asked why I did it, I told him, "honestly, I just needed a phone charger and I didn t have any money." But the security guy from Wal-Mart said, "since this is your first offense, we won t prosecute, you will be receiving a bill in the mail." And I left, I ve read lots of things about how people pay, don t pay, etc. I did not sign any papers or anything. I just want to know what to do. Should I call the number and pay before I am sent mail so my parents don t find out, tell my parents and ask for help, just wait until they send a bill and pay/not pay? This happened in Missouri. Has this happened to anyone else? I need advice. Please and thank you.

Read more: Caught shoplifting at Wal-Mart?