Thursday, May 19, 2016

Do mortgage lenders require a certain house price in order to get a 15 year fixed mortgage loan?


Do mortgage lenders require a certain house price in order to get a 15 year fixed mortgage loan? - 1
Added (1). I'm looking online and comparing different mortgage rates from different lenders. Houses where I live, Nebraska, are cheap compared to many other states and can get a decent 2-3 bedroom 1 bathroom house for $80,000. If I buy a house it would be in the $60,000 to $100,000 range. I'd put 20% down.

There was no 15 year fixed rate option for a $100,000 house on the Quicken Loans site.

On Wells Fargo it looks like I can only have the 15 year fixed rate option if the house is $100,000+.
Added (2). Anybody who knows anything on this or any advice from someone who works with mortgages is appreciated.

Read more: Do mortgage lenders require a certain house price in order to get a 15 year fixed mortgage loan?