Saturday, May 21, 2016

Landlord said he filed bankruptcy told me no longer able to accept rent payment?


Landlord said he filed bankruptcy told me no longer able to accept rent payment?
Added (1). So my landlord just told me today that he filed bankruptcy and that he is no longer able to receive rent on this property. Also, about a week ago I received a certified mail form for him from the mortgage company he that the place is through. I am just worried that I will come home to an eviction letter or my stuff thrown out. How does this process work and the typical time frame, if the information he has given me is accurate? Thanks for any info.
Added (2). Also, I want to add that we are currently on a month to month lease and that I suspect I will not be able to get my security deposit back. He said he was going to give me more info about the rent and how long we can live here once he speaks to his lawyer on Monday. But, I just want to protect myself as well. Thanks for the help!

Read more: Landlord said he filed bankruptcy told me no longer able to accept rent payment?