Saturday, May 7, 2016

Would a mortgage lender know that I deposited a check into a separate account I did not disclose with them?


I m in the process of purchasing a home and I m aware that they say don t deposit large amounts of cash/checks into your bank account. What happened was a teenager rear ended my car and her mom didn t want to go thru insurance to fix because her daughter had just totalled a previous vehicle last month. So she has written me a check for over a thousand dollars to pay for the repairs to my vehicle. However I m scared that if I deposit it into my primary account they it will throw up a red flag and I d have to go through additional steps that I feel would be suspicious to them. So I was thinking I could just deposit it into another account that i told my loan originator about in which he didn t worry about including on the application because it had such a low amount of money in it. I m just paranoid and want this house really bad and don t want to mess it up.

Thanks!

Read more: Would a mortgage lender know that I deposited a check into a separate account I did not disclose with them?