Wednesday, December 28, 2016

My upstairs land lady tried to commit suicide?


and I have been in touch with her during her 3 week stay at the mental hospital. She has told me repeatedly that she is letting the house in which we live go to foreclosure. She has spent my security deposit. Last night she called me stating that she will be coming home today, and if I had the rent for January. I mentioned that she spent my security deposit so that is my rent for January. I think she is going to try to make me pay rent while she trys to get her act together… Even though she is letting the house go into foreclosure. Do I have to pay rent still? I plan on moving in the spring… It is the dead of winter here. What are my legal obligations for rental payments since she broke the lease? Thank you!
Added (1). Given all the instability and the fact that this woman is a danger to herself and others I have decided NOT to pay January rent. I will never get my security deposit back. I have started looking for a new place to live and hope to be out of here by the end of January.

Read more: My upstairs land lady tried to commit suicide?