Saturday, December 24, 2016

Should I buy a home or eliminate my student loans first?


I graduated 5/15/15 with my BSN. Ended my college apt lease and moved back to my parents house with 55k in debt. I've started working full time in 8/15 as an RN in trauma (Working towards flight). Currently I'm making 30/hour, but I work OT consistently. My loans are down to 23k as of 9/16, but I'm still at my parents house. Should I just bust ***, work a lot of OT and clear my debt or put a down payment on a home? I start nurse practitioner school in 8/17, but I want to be settled in a home before the s*#t show starts. My credit score is 805, and I have no other debts besides my truck. And that payment is low. I cleared out all the variable interest loans first btw. Any advice would be appreciated. My loan payments are 305$/monthly.

Read more: Should I buy a home or eliminate my student loans first?