Monday, February 20, 2017

Over 45 and not a manager in corporate America?


I have a BA (Lit) and have worked for major corporations since I graduated. I started in Supply Chain and made my way into IT. I've always had good to excellent reviews. Never pushed to become a manager since I tend to be introverted, but friendly. I was laid off a couple years ago and ended up wiping out a good deal of my retirement savings and I still have 22 years on my mortgage. I did get another job at the same salary but see more and more how corporations dispose of older workers so easily. I am constantly distracted by this, can't seem to enjoy life, and have become bitter. I feel like its to late to make a career change and get away from the brutal corporate world. I honestly think that in the new economy, white collar workers after a certain age are supposed to just go away and kill themselves.

Read more: Over 45 and not a manager in corporate America?